People seek homeopathy for many reasons and because homeopathy treats the individual, not the disease, different people with the same illness may require different remedies. Homeopathy is a system of medicine which uses highly diluted substances, treating like with like, which triggers the body’s natural system of healing. The patient’s symptoms are matched with their similar homeopathic remedy. Homeopathy can be used for chronic health complaints, everyday acute ailments, mental and emotional health, physical complaints and first aid. It is safe to use in pregnancy, with babies, children, adults, and while taking other medications.
Homeopathy has been around for over 200 years and is used by more than 200 million people around the world.
The long-term benefit of homeopathy to the patient is that it not only alleviates the presenting symptoms, but it re-establishes internal order at the deepest levels and thereby provides a lasting cure.
Some common examples of how homeopathy works:
* Drinking too much coffee and not being able to sleep. Coffee as a homeopathic remedy may treat sleeplessness and promote deep, restful sleep.
*The common honeybee can cause an inflamed, itchy, swollen, painful sting in humans. When used as a homeopathic remedy honeybee Vernon, Apis mellifera, reduces inflammation, swelling, itchiness and pain and is a common first aid remedy used in homeopathy.
*Cutting up an onion can make our eyes water. When prepared as a homeopathic remedy it can be useful in treating hay fever.
Homeopathy supports acute and chronic physical, mental and emotional health conditions such as:
· Anxiety disorders /depression/ stress/ fears/ PTSD/ mood disorders
· Sleep problems/ Insomnia
· Migraines/ headaches
· Seasonal allergies/ hay-fever
· Colds/ flu/ coughs/ respiratory tract infections
· Women’s health – PMS/ UTI’s/ menopausal flushes/ dysmenorrhea
· Infant and child related illnesses/ fevers/ colic/ teething/ coughs/ colds
· Gut issues – digestive disorders/ IBS /constipation
For more information about Rachel Hannon